What We Do
Nutrition to You mobile, multilingual Dietitians know that you are busy, which is why we bring knowledgeable and experienced Registered Dietitians to you! Our Registered Dietitians will meet you in your home or office or even in a quiet corner of a local coffee shop. Nutrition to You provides clients across the Greater Vancouver area with current, evidence-based information on healthy eating and preventative nutrition and each of our mobile Dietitians is experienced to help you achieve and maintain a healthy body weight, and support the lifestyle changes you seek in order to lower your cholesterol, reduce your blood pressure or bring down or stabilize your blood glucose (“sugar”) levels.
Our clients come from all walks of life; including busy professionals, college & university students, stay-at-home-moms, office workers & factory workers and others. What our clients have in common is the desire to make positive changes in how they eat and want the Dietitian come to them. We bring Nutrition To You !
Extended Benefits Coverage
Visits to a Registered Dietitian can be claimed under most Extended Benefits Plans. Check with your extended benefits provider to determine what level of coverage is available to you.
We Speak Your Language!
Nutrition to you specializes in mobile, multilingual Registered Dietitians
ਮੈਂ ਪੰਜਾਬੀਬੋਲਦੀ ਹਾਂ – We speak Punjabi Nutrition to You has a Punjabi-speaking Dietitian who brings her knowledge in treating insulin resistance & diabetes management to those in the South Asian community. Amandeep (Aman) Sandhu has several years experience working as a Diabetes educator in a Surrey area hospital. To learn more, please click on the “Contact Us” tab, above.
我們講一口流利的中文 – We speak Cantonese and Mandarin
Nutrition to You has a Dietitian who speaks both Cantonese and Mandarin fluently. Amy (Yuen Ting) Chow will bring her nutrition expertise in a Chinese context right you your home. To learn more, please click on the “Contact Us” tab, above.
Areas of Practice
Nutrition to You’s mobile, multilingual Dietitians will help you eat healthier and assure you are getting the nutrients you need for your stage of life and individual lifestyle. Our Dietitians will provide you with nutritional support for weight management, bringing down high blood sugar or cholesterol and lowering high blood pressure and more!
Areas of Specialty
Each Nutrition to You Dietitian has at least one area of specialty.
1. Diabetes and Insulin Resistance (Pre-Diabetes) Our Diabetes expert literally helped write the book on Diabetes care in Canada! Barbara Allan co-authored the Canadian Diabetes Association’s (CDA) official meal planning system, “Beyond the Basics” which received the prestigious Fredrick Banting award in 2007. Barbara also recently co-authored the Diabetes Prevention and Management Cookbook, also published in cooperation with the Canadian Diabetes Association. Barbara also understands that even just finding out that your blood sugar is on the high side raises a lot of questions and you want credible answers. Barbara is very experienced and can help you implement nutrition and activity guidelines that are scientifically proven to delay or even prevent Type 2 Diabetes. To learn more about Barbara, please click on our Diabetes Expert.
2. Eating Disorders Nutrition to You also has a Dietitian who is specialized in eating disorders, including anorexia and bulimia. Amy (Yuen Ting) Chow served as the Dietitian at Canada’s first publicly funded Residential Center for Eating Disorders in British Columbia, working closely with the medical director, a research specialist in the area of anorexia and bulimia. Amy is experienced at helping people rebuild a positive relationship with food and themselves. To learn more about Amy, please click on our Eating Disorders expert.
3. Dysphagia (chewing and swallowing disorders)
We have a Dietitian on our team that has spent several years working with acquired brain injured adults and as a result has gained considerable experience with dysphagia (chewing & swallowing disorders). Amy helps support Nutrition to You clients, as well as their families and caregivers at home, once they’ve been discharged from hospital or from a rehabilitation center. To learn more about the support she can bring to you or your loved one, please click on our services or on the “Our Services” tab, above.
4. Tube Feeding (enteral nutrition)
Nutrition to You has a Dietitian that specializes in tube feeding support (enteral) for individuals living at home. Amandeep (Aman) Sandhu holds Restricted Activities A and C from the College of Dietitians of BC which qualifies her to design, compound and dispense enteral tube feeds. Aman understands the unique challenges faced by those living at home on tube feeds.
5. Inflammatory Bowel Disorder (Crohn’s, Colitis) and Celiac Disease
We have a Dietitian who also has experience supporting those living with Crohn’s Disease and Colitis as well as Celiac Disease, including those who have undergone bowel resections. To learn more about Aman, please click on our Enteral / GI Dietitian.
6. Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
All of us have had occasional symptoms of bloating, diarrhea and abdominal discomfort, but living with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is no fun! Even once diseases such as Celiac, Crohn’s or Colitis have been ruled out, learning to minimize symptoms is important. Nutrition to You Dietitians can help!
Corporate Nutrition – menu development and menu review
For Nutrition to You’s corporate clients, we have a mobile Dietitian that will provide Residential Care Facilities with customized cycle menus that are in accordance with the Residential Care Regulations of British Columbia and provides biannual and as-needed Menu Reviews (using Audits & More – A Nutritional and Food Service Audit Manual).
Other Specialized Needs
For people seeking extensive weight loss or for support with food sensitivities, food allergies or food intolerance, our founding Dietitian, Joy Kiddie can see you in our centrally located Coquitlam office. She is also very knowledgeable in the area of mental health nutrition and can help support weight management in light of medications you may be taking for anxiety, depression or ADHD or conditions. To learn more about the services Joy provides, please click more information.
Do you have questions?
Click here to contact us or on the “Contact Us” tab at the top of this page to send us a note. We will get back to you, usually by the next business day.
Let us bring Nutrition to You!