What We Do
Nutrition to You’s mobile, multilingual Dietitians know that you are busy, which is why we bring knowledgeable and experienced Registered Dietitians to you! Our Registered Dietitians will meet you in your home or office or even in a quiet corner of a local coffee shop. Yes, we make house calls! Nutrition to You provides clients across the Greater Vancouver area with current, evidence-based information on healthy eating, preventative nutrition and a wide variety of clinical nutrition needs.
Our clients come from all walks of life; including busy professionals, college & university students, stay-at-home-moms, office workers & factory workers and others. What our clients have in common is the desire to make positive changes in how they eat and that they want a knowledgeable and experienced Dietitian to come to them. We bring Nutrition To You !
Extended Benefits Coverage
Visits to a Registered Dietitian can be claimed under most Extended Benefits Plans. Check with your extended benefits provider to determine what level of coverage is available to you.
We Speak Your Language!
Nutrition to you specializes in mobile, multilingual Registered Dietitians
ਮੈਂ ਪੰਜਾਬੀਬੋਲਦੀ ਹਾਂ – We speak Punjabi
Nutrition to You has a Punjabi-speaking Dietitian who brings her knowledge in treating insulin resistance & diabetes management to those in the South Asian community. Amandeep (Aman) Sandhu has several years experience working as a Diabetes educator in a Surrey area hospital, predominantly to the South Asian community. She has also recently been interviewed on both RedFM and OMNI TV. You can read more about Aman by clicking on the tab above with her name. For information about the services she provides, please click on the “Contact Us” tab, above.
我們講一口流利的中文 – We speak Chinese (Cantonese / Mandarin)
Nutrition to You has a Dietitian who speaks Chinese fluently and who will bring their nutrition expertise in a Chinese context right to your home. To learn more, please click on the “Contact Us” tab, above.
Areas of Practice
Nutrition to You’s mobile, multilingual Dietitians will help you eat healthier and assure you are getting the nutrients you need for your stage of life and individual lifestyle. Our Dietitians will provide you with nutritional support for weight management (weight loss or weight gain), bringing down high blood sugar or cholesterol and lowering high blood pressure and more. Each of our Dietitians also specializes in particular areas of clinical practice.
Areas of Specialty
Each Nutrition to You Dietitian has at least one area of specialty.
1. Diabetes and Insulin Resistance (Pre-Diabetes) Our Diabetes expert literally helped write the book on Diabetes care in Canada! Barbara Allan co-authored the Canadian Diabetes Association’s (CDA) official meal planning system, “Beyond the Basics” which received the prestigious Fredrick Banting award in 2007. Barbara also recently co-authored the Diabetes Prevention and Management Cookbook, also published in cooperation with the Canadian Diabetes Association.
2. Eating Disorders Nutrition to You also has a Dietitian who is specialized in eating disorders, including anorexia and bulimia.
3. Dysphagia (chewing and swallowing disorders); We have a Dietitian on our team that has considerable experience with dysphagia (chewing & swallowing disorders).
4. Tube Feeding (enteral nutrition); Nutrition to You has a Dietitian that specializes in tube feeding support (enteral) for individuals living at home.
5. Inflammatory Bowel Disorder (Crohn’s, Colitis) and Celiac Disease; We have a Dietitian who also has experience supporting those living with Crohn’s Disease and Colitis as well as Celiac Disease, including those who have undergone bowel resections.
6. Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS); All of us have had occasional symptoms of bloating, diarrhea and abdominal pain or discomfort, but living with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is no fun! Even once diseases such as Celiac, Crohn’s or Colitis have been ruled out, learning to minimize symptoms is important. Nutrition to You Dietitians can help!
You may have seen or heard some of Nutrition to You’s Dietitians interviewed recently on radio and television. You can read more about their appearances on their individual pages, by clicking their name, above.
Here are a few photos from recent media appearances:
Other Specialized Nutrition Needs
For people seeking extensive weight loss or for support with food sensitivities, food allergies or food intolerance, our founding Dietitian, Joy Kiddie can see you in our centrally located Coquitlam office. She is also very knowledgeable in the area of mental health nutrition and can help support weight management in light of medications you may be taking for anxiety, depression or ADHD or conditions. Please drop us a note using the “Contact Us” form to learn more about Joy’s specialized services.
Do you have questions?
Please click on the “Contact Us” tab at the top of this page to send us a note. We will get back to you quickly; usually by the next business day.
Let us bring Nutrition to You! We currently have a Vancouver Dietitian, a Coquitlam Dietitian, a Port Coquitlam Dietitian, a Port Moody Dietitian, a Surrey Dietitian, a Langley Dietitian, a Richmond Dietitian, a Delta Dietitian, a White Rock Dietitian, a Tsewassen Dietitian, a Steveston Dietitian, a Ladner Dietitian, a Burnaby Dietitian, a New Westminster Dietitian, a North Vancouver Dietitian and a West Vancouver Dietitian.