What We Do
Nutrition to You knows that you are busy, which is why we bring knowledgeable and experienced Registered Dietitians to you! We will meet you in your home or office or even in a quiet corner of a local coffee shop. Yes, we make house calls! We provide clients across the Greater Vancouver area with current, evidence-based preventative nutrition support as well as dietary support for a wide range of clinical nutrition conditions.
Our clients come from all walks of life; including busy professionals, college & university students, stay-at-home-moms, office workers & factory workers and others. What our clients have in common is the desire to make positive changes in how they eat and that they want a knowledgeable and experienced Dietitian to come to them. We bring Nutrition To You!
Extended Benefits Coverage
Visits to a Registered Dietitian can be claimed under most Extended Benefits Plans. Check with your extended benefits provider to determine what level of coverage is available to you.
We Speak Your Language!
ਮੈਂਪੰਜਾਬੀਬੋਲਦੀ ਹਾਂ – We speak Punjabi
Nutrition to You has a Punjabi-speaking Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator who brings her knowledge in treating insulin resistance & Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes management to you. Amandeep (Aman) Sandhu has several years experience working as a Diabetes educator in a Surrey area hospital, with a special focus of working with the South Asian community. She often appears on OMNI TV discussing a wide range of nutrition topics in Punjabi. Aman is also knowledgeable the management of Inflammatory Bowel Disease, such as Crohn’s and Colitis. You can read more about Aman by clicking on the tab above with her name. For information about the services she provides, please click on the “Contact Us” tab, above.
我会讲普通话 – We speak Mandarin
Nutrition to You has a Dietitian who is fluent in Mandarin who provides services to a wide range of clients; from nutrition counselling to seniors living on their own (to help them find easy ways to ensure they get adequate nutrition), to supporting busy people who simply want to eat better and lose weight. Chloe provides culturally-relevant dietary advice to those who have been advised by their doctors to lower their cholesterol, reduce their blood pressure or bring down their blood sugar. She also provides guidance for those with early stage kidney disease so they can be sure to get adequate nutrition while eating in a way that helps slow the progression of their disease. You can read more about Chloe by clicking on the tab with her name, above. For information about the services Chloe provides, please click on the “Contact Us” tab, above.
In the days ahead, we will be adding additional multilingual Dietitians with other areas of specialty to our team.
Areas of Practice
Nutrition to You’s mobile, multilingual Dietitians will help you eat healthier and assure you are getting the nutrients you need for your stage of life and individual lifestyle. Our Dietitians can provide you with nutritional support to achieve your weight management (weight loss or weight gain) goals, or help you to bring down elevated blood glucose or high cholesterol or lower your blood pressure. As well, each of our Dietitians specializes in particular areas of clinical practice.
Areas of Specialty
In addition to being able to support you with eating healthy and managing your weight, our Nutrition to You Dietitians have the following areas of specialty;
1. Diabetes; We have a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) dietitian on our team who can help support your needs as someone with Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes.
2. Insulin Resistance (Pre-Diabetes); Our Dietitians are very knowledgeable in helping delay and even prevent Diabetes in those diagnosed as “pre-diabetic” or “insulin resistant”.
3. Inflammatory Bowel Disorder; Crohn’s, Colitis and Celiac Disease; We have a Dietitian who specializes in supporting those living with Crohn’s Disease and Colitis as well as Celiac Disease.
4. Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS); All of us have had occasional symptoms of bloating, diarrhea and abdominal pain or discomfort, but living with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is no fun! Even once diseases such as Celiac, Crohn’s or Colitis have been ruled out, learning to minimize symptoms is important. Nutrition to You Dietitians can help!
5. Early Stage Renal (Kidney) Disease; we have a Dietitian who can help you stay within the potassium, sodium and phosphorus levels that your doctor recommends.
Food Allergy / Food Sensitivity and Mental Health Nutrition
Support for those with food allergies / food sensitivities and mental health nutrition is provided by our founding Dietitian, Joy Kiddie in our centrally located Coquitlam office. Please use the “Contact Us” form to learn more about Joy’s specialized services.
Do you have questions?
Please click on the “Contact Us” tab at the top of this page to send us a note. We will get back to you quickly; usually by the next business day.
Let us bring Nutrition to You!